1. Understanding LiQD Board Games’s Limitations as a Venue
2. Purchasing an Item on LiQD Board Games
3. Buyer's Rating
4. Leaving a Review of a Seller
5. Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
1. Understanding LiQD Board Games’ Limitations as a Venue
LiQD Board Games provides a venue for buyers to find, learn about, and enter into transactions with sellers around the US. It is important to note, however, that LiQD Board Games is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on LiQD Board Games, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from LiQD Board Games, but from one of the many sellers on LiQD Board Games;
- LiQD Board Games does not pre-screen sellers and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on LiQD Board Games or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies); and
- Each seller on LiQD Board Games has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies.
As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a seller that violates any of LiQD Board Games’s policies. Flagging is confidential.
2. Purchasing an Item on LiQD Board Games
When you buy from a seller on LiQD Board Games, you’re directly supporting a fellow-board-gamer. By making a purchase from a seller on LiQD Board Games, you agree that you:
- Have read the item description before making a purchase;
- Have submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Have provided accurate shipping information in your User Profile.
LiQD Board Games is not an auction site and you are not submitting a bid to purchase an item. By initiating a transaction for an item, you are committing to purchase it. However, the seller makes the final decision regarding the buyer to whom they are going to sell their item. This decision may be based on the following:
- The buyer's rating
- The buyer's location from the seller (to minimize shipping costs and decrease the liklihood of the buyer cancelling the transaction due to high shipping costs)
You also agree to comply with PayPal's Policies when you use make a purchase.
3. Buyer Rating
LiQD Board Games maintains user ratings for all members, both buy and seller. Our intent is to keep everyone honest and incent a positive experience for all. A buyer's rating is based on many inputs and include, but is not limited to:
- The number of successful trnasaction
- Seller feedback at the conclusion of transactions
- Excessive transaction cancellations
- Excessive transaction disputes
4. Leaving a Review of a Seller
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller through the experiences of other buyers, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a detailed description of your experience, for 100 days after your item’s expected delivery date. The estimated delivery date is the shipping date + shipping time. You can edit your review any number of times during that 100 day period.
By leaving a review, you acknowledge that:
- Your review and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller's listing and review pages.
Reviews may not:
- a. Contain private information;
- b. Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- c. Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- f. Contain advertising or spam;
- g. Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, LiQD Board Games, or a third party; or
- h. Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Extortion is not allowed on LiQD Board Games. Any attempt to manipulate reviews through threats, intimidation, or bribery is considered extortion and is strictly prohibited on LiQD Board Games. Examples of extortion include the following:
- a. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing additional items that were not agreed upon in the original transaction.
- b. A buyer leaves a negative review in an attempt to force the seller into providing a refund when a refund is not warranted.
- Shilling is not allowed on LiQD Board Games. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a seller’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing their number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
By uploading a photograph to one of LiQD Board Games’s websites or LiQD Board Games's mobile app, you warrant that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph; and
5. Reporting a Problem with or Cancelling a Transaction
LiQD Board Games’s Support System
Although LiQD Board Games is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a support system in the unlikely event your purchase from a seller does not go as expected. You can use LiQD Board Games’s case system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing. (Click here to open a case.) By using LiQD Board Games’s Support System, you understand that under LiQD Board Games’s dispute resolution procedures, LiQD Board Games may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. You can file a support case under the following circumstances:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order and submits payment, but the seller does not ship the item or does not ship the item to the correct address. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- An item was never sent.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on LiQD Board Games.
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer’s address.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if it is materially different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different version / edition from that described in the seller's listing.
- The seller failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- A buyer purchased three items but only received two.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented. For example, the description at the time of purchase said the item was “new” and the item is used.
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The seller did not ship the item(s) within a reasonable time (i.e. within approximately 7 calendar days) from the buyer's confirmation of purchase.
If LiQD Board Games determines that an item is not as described or was not shipped, the seller will be required to refund the original shipping and return shipping, in addition to the cost of the item. In the event that LiQD Board Games needs to refund the return shipping cost on behalf of the seller, that refund may come in the form of an LiQD Board Games Credit.
Some disputes don’t qualify for LiQD Board Games’s Support system. These include:
- Items that have been purchased in person.
- Transactions where payment is not made through PayPal.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, or washed after receiving them.
- Physical or tangible items that are not available for return because they have been destroyed or discarded by the buyer.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
Requesting a Cancellation
Buyers can cancel a transaction only after the seller has confirmed the item's final shipping dimensions and the final shipping costs are calculated on the Confirm Purchase page.
NOTE: Excessive transaction cancellations may negatviely impact a buyer's rating.
Returning an Item
All sales are final. LiQD Board Games does not support returs. If you as a buyer are dissatisfied with an item that you purchased, contact us LiQD Board Games and we will work with you and the seller to resolve the issue.